Journalist Blogger

Monday, December 19, 2005

A place to talk about blogs and journalism

Hello, I'm Scott Elliott, the education reporter, and education blogger, at the Dayton Daily News in Dayton, Ohio. Please visit Get on the Bus, my education blog.

I'm launching this blog today as a place to discuss journalism and blogging. Journalists blogging is a growing trend in the business, one I think down the line may play a big role in the future of newspapers as they are forced to migrate, like it or not, to a more Internet-based presence.

Being a Mainstream Media jouranlist and a blogger is still rare enough today that I am often asked questions about my views on online journalism. I'm also frequently confronted by naysayers to believe journalism blogging is a just a flash-in-the-pan fad, or a dangerous idea that could destroy the business.

So I wanted a place to write about these issues and allow others to weigh in. And I hope down the line to use this venue to organize journalist bloggers and help us find ways to connect to each other and see what others are doing out here in the blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home